Thou knowest the commandments: Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor thy father and mother. We expect Jesus to recite the entire Decalogue.
What are the commandments of Jesus?
- “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3). …
- “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image” (Exodus 20:4). …
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain” (Exodus 20:7).
- “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy” (Exodus 20:8).
- “Honour thy father and thy mother” (Exodus 20:12).
What advice did Jesus give to the disciples?
Jesus taught many important things to His disciples on the hillside. He also told people not to swear, to share with people who ask us for things, to serve God and not worry about earthly treasures, and to become perfect like our Father in Heaven.
What was Jesus’s last message to disciples?
Jesus’ last words to the disciples were recorded in Matt. 28:19-20: “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.
What are the seven commandments in the Bible?
The Seven Laws
- Not to worship idols.
- Not to curse God.
- Not to commit murder.
- Not to commit adultery or sexual immorality.
- Not to steal.
- Not to eat flesh torn from a living animal.
- To establish courts of justice.
What did Jesus mean by keep My commandments?
God’s commandments are a manifestation of His love for us, and obedience to His commandments is an expression of our love for Him.
What lessons did Jesus teach his disciples?
Jesus taught His disciples how to pray (the Lord’s prayer), He prayed for the little children when they were brought to Him, He prayed with Peter, James, and John, and He prayed alone. He also taught His disciples to love sinners and He demonstrated what that looked like by eating with them.
What were Jesus last words before Ascension?
- 2.1 1. Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
- 2.2 2. To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
- 2.3 3. Woman, behold, thy son! Behold, thy mother!
- 2.4 4. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
- 2.5 5. I thirst.
- 2.6 6. It is finished.
- 2.7 7. Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.
What is the first thing that Jesus said?
According to general scholarship, the first recorded words of Jesus are actually in Mark 1:15 (as it was considered the first Gospel that was written): “This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. So repent (mετανοείτε), and believe in the gospel.”
What was the first thing Jesus taught?
Be a person who helps and supports someone who needs it. Be a person with an understanding and a forgiving heart, one who looks for the best in people. Lend a hand to those who are frightened, lonely, or burdened. Leave people better, happier than you found them.
What are the 10 Commandments in order?
The Ten Commandments are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.” …
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.” …
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.” …
- “Honor thy father and mother.” …
- “Thou shalt not kill.” …
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.” …
- “Thou shalt not steal.”
What does the 7th Commandment mean?
The Seventh Commandment is a commandment to cherish and honor marriage. The Seventh Commandment also forbids adultery. When you understand what marriage is, then the horror of adultery becomes plain. Adultery defies God. Every time a person commits adultery, he or she openly goes against what God says.
What is the 5th Commandment in the Bible?
“Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee”: fifth of the Ten Commandments.