Eternal life traditionally refers to continued life after death, as outlined in Christian eschatology. … In the Synoptic Gospels and the Pauline Letters, eternal life is generally regarded as a future experience, but the Gospel of John differs from them in its emphasis on eternal life as a “present possession”.
What is the biblical definition of eternal?
According to Lafleur, when we say eternal, what we really mean is everlasting. Only in this way could God be everything we think of him as, both everlasting and all knowing. … The second notion is to say that God is in time but everlasting. This is sometimes called sempiternity.
How do you explain eternal?
1. Eternal, endless, everlasting, perpetual imply lasting or going on without ceasing. That which is eternal is, by its nature, without beginning or end: God, the eternal Father. That which is endless never stops but goes on continuously as if in a circle: an endless succession of years.
How do we get eternal life in the Bible?
Conclusion. Testify that to receive eternal life, we must be willing to put away the things of the world and serve the Lord with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. Encourage class members to be grateful for earthly blessings but strive to view them in the proper perspective.
Is God everlasting or eternal?
Now, the dominant view among philosophers is that God is temporal. His eternal nature is thought of as being everlasting rather than timeless. He never came into existence and he will never go out of existence but he exists within time. Proponents of each of these positions attribute eternality to God.
What is God’s eternity?
No claustrophobia here, because as the Creator of time, God must of necessity be outside time. This is what theologians call the “eternity” of God. … With [God] there is no distinction between the present, past, and future; but all things are equally and always present to Him. With Him duration is an eternal now.
What is an example of eternal?
An example of an eternal being is God. The definition of an eternal is someone or something without a beginning or an end. An example of an eternal is Heaven. Lasting forever; unending.
How do you use eternal?
Eternal sentence example
- Some people are very concerned about their eternal destiny. …
- The young girl wasn’t allowed to have a pet dog, but she had an eternal craving for one. …
- These atoms, which are the seeds of all things, are, however, not eternal but created by God.
What does the phrase thy eternal day meaning?
Answer: Thy eternal day means the day which is eternal. Hope it helps 🙂 Thanks 0.
How do I know I have eternal life?
Only faith in the true historical Jesus brings eternal life. In 1 John 5:11-12, he sums up the message of salvation in Christ. “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. … You can know, without any doubt, that you have eternal life.
What’s the difference between eternal life and everlasting life?
2. Theologically, “eternal” means “not within any time limit, outside of time and existing without a beginning or end, like spirit”; whereas “everlasting” means “the life which did not always exist but was granted to God and it was forever, running within time, or something similar, which has a beginning but no end.”
How do you prepare for eternal life?
4 Ways to Prepare for Eternal Life
- Pray together. Families who pray together stay strong. …
- Memorize Scripture Together. Hiding God’s Word in our hearts is more important than we often realize. …
- Read the Bible Aloud. I’ve been reading the Bible aloud to my girls each week. …
- Family Worship.