Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love.
What is God saying about love?
1 Corinthians 13:4-5: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Where in the Bible does God say I love you?
Christians say “I love you” by how we love one another. Here’s a verse that speaks of how we love: John 13:34-35: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Where in the Bible does it explain love?
Look to Matthew 22:37-40: “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
How great is God’s love for us?
The Good News: God’s love justifies our lives and fills us with hope for the future. “God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him won’t perish but will have eternal life.” The Good News: Even death has no dominion over those who love and are loved by the Lord.
What did Jesus teach us about love?
Jesus himself said, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. ‘ ” (Matthew 22:37-39, ESV).
What did Jesus say about love one another?
Yet Jesus also said, “I give you a new commandment: love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another” (John 13:34). … If he loves his coworker, he will not lie to him.
Did Jesus ever say I love you in the Bible?
Think About It! He Never Said “I Love You.” If you read through the New Testament you will notice that Jesus never said to anyone, “I love you.” As shocking as that might sound, He never spoke those words to His disciples or anyone else that is recorded.
What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
“’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ‘” — Jeremiah 29:11.
What does Paul say about love?
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
What are the four types of love in the Bible?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional “God” love.
What are the 3 types of biblical love?
3 Kinds of Love (Session 8 – 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
- Eros refers to physical or sexual love. The word eros was commonly used in the Greek-speaking world of New Testament times. …
- Philos means warm affection or friendship. …
- Agapē is the sacrificial, unconditional love of God.
How do you get God’s love?
How to Accept God’s Love
- Accepting God’s Love with Scripture. When it comes to accepting God’s love, Scripture is usually one of the first places that I start. …
- Accepting God’s Love with Prayer. …
- Accepting God’s Love with Grace. …
- Accepting God’s Love with Quietness.
How do we see God’s love?
7 ways that God loves you
- 1) God loves us with an atoning love. …
- 2) God loves us with Calling love. …
- 3) God loves us with Redeeming love. …
- 4) God loves us with Justifying love. …
- 5) God loves us with Adopting love. …
- 6) God loves us with Sanctifying love. …
- 7) God loves us with Glorifying love.