The prayers that compose the Rosary are arranged in sets of ten Hail Marys, called decades. Each decade is preceded by one Lord’s Prayer (“Our Father”) and traditionally followed by one Glory Be.
What are the prayers at the end of the Rosary?
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
How do you pray the 10 decade rosary?
How to Pray the One Decade Rosary
- Make Sign of the Cross and pray the Apostle’s Creed.
- Pray the Our Father.
- Pray 3 Hail Marys and 1 Glory Be.
- Announce the 1st Mystery and pray an Our Father.
- Pray 10 Hail Marys and 1 Glory Be.
What are the 5 prayers of the Rosary?
- Apostle’s Creed. “I believe in God, the Father almighty …” …
- Our Father. “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.” …
- Hail Mary. “Hail Mary, full of grace …” …
- Glory Be. …
- Joyful mysteries (Monday, Saturday) …
- Sorrowful mysteries (Tuesday, Friday) …
- Luminous mysteries (Thursday) …
- Glorious mysteries (Wednesday, Sunday)
What are the 5 decades of the Rosary called?
Since the Rosary has five decades, each of which corresponds to one mystery, there are five mysteries for each Rosary. Finally, there are three sets of five mysteries: 1) the Joyful Mysteries, 2) the Sorrowful Mysteries, and 3) the Glorious Mysteries.
How do you end the rosary?
At the end of your Rosary, say the Hail Holy Queen. Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve, to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
How do you end the rosary prayer after May the divine assistance?
Hail, Holy Queen
To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
How long is a 20 decade rosary?
Product Description. Set aside a good chunk of your time to pray with this super long rosary. It’s almost 57 inches long and includes all Mysteries. You probably have seen monks and nuns wearing rosaries of such size.
What is one decade of the rosary called?
The one decade rosary is, as it sounds, a rosary consisting of only one decade. They are sometimes called pocket rosaries or tenners. The idea behind the one decade rosary is that it is easy to carry around and use for prayer.
What are the 5 decades of the Joyful Mysteries?
The 5 Joyful Mysteries are as follows:
- The Annunciation. Fruit of the Mystery: Humility.
- The Visitation. Fruit of the Mystery: Love of Neighbor.
- The Nativity. Fruit of the Mystery: Poverty.
- The Presentation of Jesus at the Temple. Fruit of the Mystery: Obedience.
- The Finding of Jesus in the Temple.
How often should you pray the rosary?
But it was one of the longest 20 minutes of my life. If you are like us, for years you have heard how important it is to try and pray the rosary everyday, making it a part of your regular prayer life. In general, anyone who considers themselves a serious Catholic prays the rosary everyday.
What does each decade of the rosary mean?
At its most basic, the rosary consists of five decades of Hail Marys (a decade means a group of ten), with each decade preceded by one Our Father and followed by one Glory Be to the Father.
What are the 4 Mysteries of the Rosary in order?
Joyful Mysteries, Sorrowful Mysteries, Luminous Mysteries and Glorious Mysteries… Please pray the Holy Rosary everyday…