What are the first 22 books of the Bible?
Terms in this set (22)
- Genesis. 1st book of Bible.
- Exodus. 2nd book of Bible.
- Leviticus. 3rd book of Bible.
- Numbers. 4th book of Bible.
- Deuteronomy. 5th book of Bible.
- Joshua. 6th book of Bible.
- Judges. 7th book of Bible.
- Ruth. 8th book of Bible.
What are the 22 books of the Bible?
The list of protocanonical books is Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1–2 Samuel, 1–2 Kings, 1–2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, …
Of these books, Tobias, Judith, the Wisdom of Solomon, Baruch, and Maccabees, remain in the Catholic Bible. First Esdras, Second Esdras, Epistle of Jeremiah, Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, Prayer of Manasseh, Prayer of Azariah, and Laodiceans are not today considered part of the Catholic apocrypha.
What are the first 20 books of the Bible?
Terms in this set (10)
- Exodus. Genesis.
- Numbers. Leviticus.
- Joshua. Deuteronomy.
- Ruth. Judges.
- 2 Samuel. 1 Samuel.
- 2 Chronicles. 1 Chronicles.
- Nehemiah. Esther.
- Psalms. Proverbs.
What is the 21st book of the Bible?
Table of comparisons
What is the 17th Book of the New Testament?
Book of Esther – Wikipedia.
What is the 17th Book of the Bible?
Esther: 17th Book in the Old Testament Kindle Edition.
What are the 27 books of New Testament?
This is a list of the 27 books of the New Testament, ordered canonically according to most Christian traditions.
- Gospel According to Matthew.
- Gospel According to Mark.
- Gospel According to Luke.
- Gospel According to John.
- Acts of the Apostles.
- Letter of Paul to the Romans.
- Letters of Paul to the Corinthians.
What is the 40th book of the Bible?
Isaiah knew that there would be 39 books in the Old Testament written, and there would be 27 more written after he showed up.At Isaiah 40:3-8 (corresponding to Matthew the 40th book of the Bible) we see the appearance of the forerunner of the LORD, John the Baptist crying in the wilderness “Prepare ye the way of the …
What are the 54 books of Old Testament?
THESE are all the books of Old Testament appointed to be read: 1, Genesis of the world; 2, The Exodus from Egypt; 3, Leviticus; 4, Numbers; 5, Deuteronomy; 6, Joshua, the son of Nun; 7, Judges, Ruth; 8, Esther; 9, Of the Kings, First and Second; 10, Of the Kings, Third and Fourth; 11, Chronicles, First and Second; 12, …
Who are the 7 Fallen Angels?
The fallen angels are named after entities from both Christian and Pagan mythology, such as Moloch, Chemosh, Dagon, Belial, Beelzebub and Satan himself. Following the canonical Christian narrative, Satan convinces other angels to live free from the laws of God, thereupon they are cast out of heaven.
Did Jesus have a wife?
“Christian tradition has long held that Jesus was not married, even though no reliable historical evidence exists to support that claim,” King said in a press release.
What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
The section contains the following:
- 1 Esdras (Vulgate 3 Esdras)
- 2 Esdras (Vulgate 4 Esdras)
- Judith (“Judeth” in Geneva)
- Rest of Esther (Vulgate Esther 10:4 – 16:24)
- Ecclesiasticus (also known as Sirach)
- Baruch and the Epistle of Jeremy (“Jeremiah” in Geneva) (all part of Vulgate Baruch)