What are the 7 miracles of Jesus?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.
What are the 10 miracles Jesus performed?
- Healing the mother of Peter’s wife.
- Healing the deaf mute of Decapolis.
- Healing the blind at birth.
- Healing the Paralytic at Bethesda.
- The Blind Man of Bethsaida.
- The Blind man Bartimaeus in Jericho.
- Healing the Centurion’s servant.
- Christ healing an infirm woman.
What did Jesus perform miracles?
First, Jesus performed miracles to show compassion and meet human need. For example, in Mark 1, Jesus encounters a man with leprosy. … It is because the Bible teaches that Jesus is God in the flesh. Jesus provides us with a portrait of God.
What was Jesus first miracles?
The first recorded miracle in the New Testament is told in John 2:1-11 when Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding. Because this was Jesus’ first public miracle, it is often considered one of the most memorable miracles to many Christians today.
What are examples of miracles?
Examples include prophets, such as Elijah who performed miracles like the raising of a widow’s dead son (1 Kings 17:17–24) and Elisha whose miracles include multiplying the poor widow’s jar of oil (2 Kings 4:1–7) and restoring to life the son of the woman of Shunem (2 Kings 4:18–37).
Are there different kinds of miracles?
I think it’s useful to distinguish five types of miracles: (1) creational miracles, (2) sustaining miracles, (3) providential miracles, (4) predictive miracles, and (5) suspension miracles.
What are the 37 miracles of Jesus?
37 Miracles of Jesus in Chronological Order
|37 Miracles of Jesus|
|5||Jesus heals many sick and oppressed at evening||8:16-17|
|6||First miraculous catch of fish on the Lake of Gennesaret|
|7||Jesus cleanses a man with leprosy||8:1-4|
|8||Jesus heals a centurion’s paralyzed servant in Capernaum||8:5-13|
What are the 4 types of miracles?
Terms in this set (4)
- healing miracles. Jesus healed people who were sick or disabled.
- exorcism. the act of freeing someone of demons.
- Restoration of Life. there are three occasion in the gospel eyes Jesus raises people from the dead.
- nature miracle. A miracle in which Jesus shows his power over nature.
What was Jesus Third miracle?
The third documented miracle of Jesus was recorded in John 5:1–9, and it took place in Jerusalem by the pool of Bethesda. The word Bethesda means “house of mercy.” Jesus encountered a man near the pool of Bethesda who had a crippling infirmity for 38 years.
What was the second miracle of Jesus?
The second documented miracle of Jesus was recorded in John 4:46-54 and tells the story of Jesus healing a royal nobleman’s son. “Once more Jesus visited Cana in Galilee, where He had turned the water into wine. And there was a royal official whose son lay sick at Capernaum.”
What was Jesus real name?
Jesus’ name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.
What are miracle stories in the Bible?
A miracle story is a narrative involving a report of supposed special divine action. … It does not take into account miracle stories in which Jesus is portrayed as directly involved, such as the transfiguration or resurrection. The importance of contextualization of miracle stories cannot be overemphasized.