Lord of Hosts, I pray that You bless every expectant mother this day. Let Your face shine upon them and be gracious over their life and over the life of their unborn child. So as they rejoice and celebrate during this baby showers day, I ask that You turn Your face towards every child and mother and give him/her peace.
How do you bless a baby shower?
- “So happy for you.”
- “Wishing all the best for you and your baby-to-be.”
- “Wishing you sweet times ahead…”
- “Can’t wait to meet baby!”
- “Your family is about to get even cuter.”
- “Blessings to baby and you.”
- “Praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both you and baby.”
What prayer do you say when a baby is born?
God, please give my baby all that is required for a good way of life and for a good way of living. Please let this child bring joy and pride to me and my family. I will give all that is needed to this child. And help me to do my best to guard and protect my baby for his/her lifetime.
What do Christians do at a baby shower?
Christian Baby Shower Games & Activities
- Babies of the Bible. Everybody loves a good trivia game. This fast, fun game contains ten questions about different babies in the Bible. …
- You Write the Hymn. This game sounds like so much fun! …
- Meaningful Verse. Instead of a guestbook, get the momma-to-be a new Bible.
What is a good Bible verse for a baby shower?
Jeremiah 29: 11 – “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,” says Yahweh, “thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future.” Psalm 127:3-5 – “Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh. The fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth.
What do you say at a baby shower?
Simple Baby Shower Card Messages
- “I’m so happy for you.”
- “I can’t wait to meet your baby.”
- “Wishing both you and your new baby all the best.”
- “Your little family is about to get bigger and cuter.”
- “Wishing you moments of joy with your new little baby.”
What do you say in a baby shower speech?
If you want to speak at your baby shower, simply let the hostess know ahead of time.
What to Include
- Thank the hostess or hostesses for the event.
- Thank the guests for coming and sharing your joy.
- Mention your little one and any details you are willing to reveal, such as the due date, the gender, or the name.
What is a blessing for a baby?
The naming and blessing of a child (commonly called a baby blessing) in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) is a non-saving ordinance, usually performed during sacrament meeting soon after a child’s birth in fulfillment of the commandment in the Doctrine and Covenants: “Every member of the …
What the Bible says about newborn babies?
“Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.” “And the child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.”
How do you appreciate a newborn?
Here are just a few of the many things parents might say to their baby at birth.
- I love you!
- Happy birthday!
- Welcome, little one.
- Peace, child.
- Talk to me.
- God bless you.
- I can’t believe it.
- I’m a mom!
Is baby shower religious?
A big difference in the western concept of baby shower and Hindu tradition is that the Hindu ceremony is a religious ceremony to pray for the baby’s well-being. In most conservative families, gifts are bought for the mother-to-be but not the baby. The baby is showered with gifts only after birth.
What month should you do a baby shower?
Most people agree that anytime between 24 and 32 weeks (six to eight months) is the best time to throw a baby shower. Your baby shower schedule will likely depend on several factors including invited guests, time of year, and of of course the honoree’s preference for the date and time.
What can you do instead of baby shower games?
12 Awesome Baby Shower Activities and Ideas that Aren’t Games
- Diaper Raffle. Via MrsAlexPaul.com. …
- Bring a Book Instead of a Greeting Card. Via CuldesacCool.com. …
- Supportive Diaper Messages. …
- Have a Keepsake “Guestbook” …
- Baby’s First Alphabet Book Activity. …
- Onesie Making Station. …
- Advice & Wishes Cards. …
- Polaroid Photobooth.
What is the meaning of Psalm 46 5?
This psalm reminds us that, if we are filled with the spirit of God, we may experience falls and failures but He is right there to pick us up and help us during those times. God will rescue us if we are being defeated.
What is the verse Jeremiah 29 11?
“’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. ‘” — Jeremiah 29:11.
Are baby showers a good idea?
Some families keep these things discrete, so it’s best to honor her wishes. Post-birth baby showers are also a great way to introduce the family and friends to the new baby in person. There are lots of reasons to throw a baby shower after the birth, and they’re just as fun as a pre-birth shower!