What is Precept Bible study method?
Bible Study Training
The year-round trainings and resources Precept offers are designed to increase Bible study and leadership skills. … Using the Precept Bible Study Method as their tool, small group leaders engage in discussions about God’s Word, led by the Holy Spirit.
How do I study the Bible correctly?
11 Ways to Study the Bible: Methods, Techniques & Tips
- THE SWORD METHOD OF BIBLE STUDY.
- CHARACTER STUDY.
- WRITE OUT VERSES FROM THE BIBLE.
- STUDY A BOOK OF THE BIBLE.
- READ THROUGH THE BIBLE.
- TOPICAL/THEMATIC BIBLE STUDY.
- PRACTICAL STUDY.
- MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE.
How do you study the Bible inductively Kay Arthur?
Beloved Bible teacher Kay Arthur’s inductive study method has helped millions of people discover the truth of God’s Word for themselves. This bestselling and dynamic guide, written with David Arthur and Pete De Lacy, invites readers of all levels of Bible literacy and learning to dive deeper into God’s promises.
What is a good Bible study program?
OliveTree is a great Bible program. The software engine is free with a growing list of resources. The mobile app performs better than other programs. Each of the features work on a smartphone or tablet.
Where in the Bible does it say precept upon precept?
“Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept” (2 Nephi 28:30)
What is the purpose of precept?
A precept (from the Latin: præcipere, to teach) is a commandment, instruction, or order intended as an authoritative rule of action.
How do you study the Bible here are 5 steps?
5 Steps for Expositing Scripture
- Step 1: Pray. All scripture reading, studying and application must begin with prayer. …
- Step 2: Read the scripture with fresh eyes. …
- Step 3: Ask the basic questions: Who what, when why and how. …
- Step 4: Explore. …
- Step 5: Journal and apply.
How do I start a Bible study for myself?
7 Guidelines: How to Start Studying the Bible for Yourself
- Make the Goal of Bible Study to Encounter the Person of Jesus Christ.
- Approach the Scriptures as a Dialogue With God.
- Develop an Attitude of Thanksgiving.
- Think About Ways You Can Apply the Word.
- Develop a Teachable Spirit.
How do beginners study the Bible?
Let’s go through my routine in steps:
- Start off with prayer. …
- Read through once without highlighting or taking notes. …
- Read through a second time and highlight, circle, underline, and make note of any observations. …
- Look into Bible study tools. …
- Pay attention to the historical context.
How do children study the Bible?
How to Study the Bible with Your Children
- Pray. Before even opening the Bible, it’s important to remember that God is in control, and that His plan is always going to be greater than our own. …
- Read. …
- Watch. …
- Play. …
- Repeat. …
Is logos better than accordance?
Logos has a ton more features, some of which I even use; a couple that I love. … I used to say that the original language tools on Logos’ mobile apps (iOS, Android) were inferior to Accordances. They have made huge steps forward in this lately. I now think their mobile apps are far better than Accordance’s offering.
What chapters should I read in the Bible?
But since you ask, here is my (incomplete) list of must-read chapters:
- Gen. 1–3 – Creation and the fall of mankind.
- Exodus 20, Deuteronomy 5–6 – The Law of God.
- Ps. 23 – The Lord is my Shepherd.
- John 10 – Jesus as the fulfilment of Ps. …
- Ps. 32 and 51 – When I break the Law of God.
- 1 John 1 (the letter.