Why does God sometimes delay?
“God delays because we ask him for the wrong reasons,” says Mackenzie, 11. Our own lusts or selfish desires drive us into temptation. Many of God’s delays are simply unanswered prayers from either immature Christians or carnal Christians who are filled with themselves instead of God’s Holy Spirit.
What causes God not to answer prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
How long does it take God to answer prayers?
That can vary based on the prayer. When praying for the Sun to rise the prayer is answered , without fail, the next morning. When praying for my cold to be cured it usually takes 3–4 days, sometimes a little longer.
Why does God let me struggle?
God allows struggle and difficult times because we are sinners and we all come short of the glory of God. God loves us, but because of our sinful nature, He allows these things to happen. … God allows us to experience the consequences of our poor choices, and the consequences of not living in His word.
Can you pray wrong?
Yes, definitely, there is a right or wrong way to pray. … When you pray, you pray for the things that are beyond you or your abilities. You can pray to thank God for the things he has granted you. When it comes to things to do with others, God sends you into a mission impossible.
Why do I feel punished by God?
God doesn’t punish people. You feel like being punished because you feel guilty for your actions. Just because you feel down or have some difficulties in your live right now it doesn’t mean that you will always be this way.
How can I hear God speak to me?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What the Bible says about being comfortable?
8. 2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 9.
Where is the prayer of salvation?
“Now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation” (2 Corinthians 6:2 NKJV). Salvation is a free gift from God our heavenly Father. God gives us salvation based on what our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us on the cross. We accept and receive it by believing.
What does Scripture say about challenges?
PSALM 46:1-2 | God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. JOHN 14:27 | “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. . . . So don’t be troubled or afraid.”