When the answer is “yes,” God answers our prayers and His response matches with what we asked for. We truly enjoy this response. When the answer is “no,” this is not what we hoped for and we often interpret the “no answer” as God has not answered our prayers. The Bible reveals several reasons why God’s answer is “no.”
What causes God not to answer prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
Does God answer vague prayers?
God hears and answers our specific prayers, and interceding like this is very biblical. But in our desire for specificity, we can slowly become afraid of unspecific prayers. … In fact, many of the prayers in the Bible could even be described as vague prayers, and I think we could learn much from them.
Do God hear my prayers?
Through the scriptures, we are taught that God will always hear our prayers and will answer them if we address Him with faith and real intent. In our hearts we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a feeling of peace and calm. We can also feel that everything will be fine when we follow the Father’s will.
How do you get God to talk to you?
How To Hear The Voice of God
- Humble yourself and get on your knees.
- Pray to God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
- Go on about your life and pay attention.
Can you pray wrong?
Yes, definitely, there is a right or wrong way to pray. … When you pray, you pray for the things that are beyond you or your abilities. You can pray to thank God for the things he has granted you. When it comes to things to do with others, God sends you into a mission impossible.
How do I know when my prayer is answer?
“How do you know when your prayer is answered—when the answer is from the Lord and not from your own warm, earnest, and even well-motivated desires?” The way I know when the Lord answers my prayers is, in most cases, by the way I feel. The Lord’s explanations to Oliver Cowdery on this subject are very enlightening.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
Does God listen to everyone’s prayers?
I’ve concluded that God hears all who pray, but for us to receive his answers, we must live the commandments and seek him. … Prayer is communication between God and man. When we approach the Lord in prayer to seek knowledge and wisdom, our questions should be faithful questions.
How do you know God is helping you?
Instead, you can make new decisions.
- God’s Word. Do you do your devotions or Bible study every day but consciously choose to live in direct opposition to His word? …
- God’s Audible Voice. Perhaps you’ve heard testimonies of people hearing God speak to them. …
- Wise Counsel. …
- Visions & Dreams. …
- Your Inner Knowing. …
- Blocked Paths.