Matthew 1:23 says, “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). When you hear God’s silence and feel his absence, trust his presence. … God is with us and God is active even when God is silent.
When God is silent in the Bible?
Isaiah 65:24 (KJV) declares, “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; And while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” Remember when God is quiet, He is up to something.
Does God speak in silence?
Yes, God speaks through silence. I’ve heard God’s voice the loudest as I sat with him in silence. As I emptied myself of all the noise around me, I felt his presence more than ever before.
Does the Bible say God is always speaking?
If you’ve ever wondered whether God loves you, the Bible says clearly that he does. … God is always speaking, in every place and at every moment. He speaks through the world around us, he speaks through his word, and he speaks through the circumstances of our lives, even when our lives seem chaotic or random.
What does the Bible say about God not answering prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. – Other versions start this verse with “don’t be anxious” in place of “Be careful…” … He that turneth away his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer [shall be] abomination.
When God is silent What does it mean?
When you hear God’s silence and feel his absence, trust his presence. … But the story behind the story of Christmas is that you can trust God because he literally moved heaven and earth to bring the message of his grace and his forgiveness and his presence to you. God is with us and God is active even when God is silent.
How can I hear God’s voice more clearly?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How do you hear God’s voice when making a decision?
For God to speak and for you to hear him, he puts a kind of communication device inside of you. as in the scripture, 1 Corinthians 2:12 says that the holy spirit must live inside of you to hear the voice of the lord. The lord operates like an internet connection.
How can I hear God voice?
As we look at this story about Samuel, there are six steps which can take some of the mystery out of hearing the voice of God:
- Position yourself close to God. …
- Find a place of regular service to God. …
- Listen for God’s voice. …
- When God calls, respond eagerly. …
- When God speaks, obey Him. …
- Read and study the Word of God.
Does God speak to us in dreams?
Our dreams are only one way in which the Lord speaks to us directly as believers. The primary way He speaks is through His Word. … So, you had a dream or vision. You have prayed and sought and received confirmation from the Holy Spirit.
Who did God speak directly to in the Bible?
The Hebrew Bible states that God revealed himself to mankind. God speaks with Adam and Eve in Eden (Gen 3:9–19); with Cain (Gen 4:9–15); with Noah (Gen 6:13, Gen 7:1, Gen 8:15) and his sons (Gen 9:1-8); and with Abraham and his wife Sarah (Gen 18).