How can I better serve Jesus?
To serve God is to serve others and is the greatest form of charity: the pure love of Christ. Jesus Christ said:
- Serve God Through Your Family. …
- Give Tithes and Offerings. …
- Volunteer in Your Community. …
- Home Visiting. …
- Donate Clothing and Other Goods. …
- Be a Friend. …
- Serve God by Serving Children. …
- Mourn with Those that Mourn.
What gifts do I have to offer to God?
Here is my list of top 10 spiritual gifts we could give to our Savior.
- of 10. Have a Humble Heart. …
- of 10. Repent of a Sin or Weakness. …
- of 10. Serve Others. …
- of 10. Pray With Sincerity. …
- of 10. Study the Scriptures Daily. …
- of 10. Make a Goal and Keep It. …
- of 10. Have Faith During Trials. …
- of 10. Become a Lifetime Learner.
What are the gift given to Jesus?
The three gifts had a spiritual meaning: gold as a symbol of kingship on earth, frankincense (an incense) as a symbol of deity, and myrrh (an embalming oil) as a symbol of death. This dates back to Origen in Contra Celsum: “gold, as to a king; myrrh, as to one who was mortal; and incense, as to a God.”
What does Jesus want us to do for him?
The Savior loves us and wants us to be happy. He wants us to be kind, loving, forgiving, helpful, obedient, honest, and thankful. When we do these things, we are keeping His commandments. Following the example of Jesus Christ will help us be happy.
How can I prepare the way for the Lord today?
1. John the Baptist prepares the way of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Feeling godly sorrow for sin (2 Corinthians 7:9–10).
- Confessing and forsaking sins (D&C 58:42–43).
- Making amends, where possible, for wrongs done (Luke 19:8).
- Obeying the commandments (D&C 1:31–32).
- Turning to the Lord and serving him (Mosiah 7:33).
How can I be a good servant of God?
One definition for being a faithful servant, according to the Bible, is to be a devoted and helpful follower, to be humble before God, to be ready to act as God nudges and inspires us, to help meet the needs of other people, and to remember that it is not about money or reward.
What is the most important thing God wants us to do?
The two most important things Jesus asked us to do was (1) love God and (2) love people.
What is the greatest gift that God has given to the world?
We might say that the greatest gift that has ever been given to humanity is God’s gift of Christ Jesus. God, divine Love itself, loves us so much that He sent Jesus to awaken us to our own pure identity as God’s loved sons and daughters, and show us how to live this identity. This is indeed something to celebrate!
What is giving to God?
Giving is an important principle God instituted as a means of blessing His children and for His children to bless others. As born again believers, we take on the very nature of Christ which includes giving. Our giving is supposed to be intrinsic in us by the new nature of Christ in our spirit.
What are the gifts of the Three Kings?
The magi knelt down for the baby Jesus and “offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.” Their gifts are possibly an allusion to Isaiah’s vision of nations rendering tribute to Jerusalem: “A multitude of camels shall cover you.
What happened to the gifts given to Jesus?
One legend says the thieves crucified with Jesus had stolen the gold given him at birth. Another says that Judas was made custodian of the gifts and he sold them and pocketed the money. There is a story that the myrrh given to Jesus as a child was used in his burial.
What are the names of the 3 wise kings?
From a wide assortment of names suggested for the Magi, those that eventually prevailed were Gaspar (or Caspar), Melchior, and Balthasar.
What can Jesus do for me?
Jesus Offers Peace
- Praying to Heavenly Father for the Spirit to be with us.
- Reading the Lord’s words in the scriptures and as revealed by living prophets.
- Attending the temple.
- Studying the Savior’s life at church and in seminary.
- Applying His Atonement by repenting of our sins.
- Sharing our testimonies of Him.
What does Jesus say is most important?
When asked which commandment was the most important, Jesus said, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour thyself” (Matthew 22:37–39).
What does the Lord require of us?
“What does the Lord require of you? To act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”