How do you use the word pray?
Use “pray” in a sentence | “pray” sentence examples
- Once on shore, we pray no more.
- We do pray you to show mercy.
- They went to pray in the temple.
- I will pray to God for your safety.
- Take great care, I pray you!
- They went to the mosque to pray.
- These people pray to many gods.
How do you do pray?
What follows can help you learn how to pray.
- Prayer Has Four Simple Steps.
- Step 1: Address Heavenly Father.
- Step 2: Thank Heavenly Father.
- Step 3: Ask Heavenly Father.
- Step 4: Close in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Praying in a Group.
- Pray Always, With Sincerity and With Faith in Christ.
- Prayers Will Always Be Answered.
What is a good sentence for pray?
Pray sentence example. In peace let us pray unto the Lord. I thank you for it, and pray that God will bless you. I came up here to pray for the most important things.
What is correct pray or prey?
When referring to the action of asking for something the word you want is pray; if you are taking something by force then you should use prey. And in cases where you need a noun it is almost certain that the word you should choose is prey.
What prayer means to you?
Prayer is a way of relating: to God, to ourselves, to those around us. In opening our hearts and minds and souls to God we are challenged to grow, change, and to love. Just as we make time to spend with those we love, so in making time to pray we are seeking to grow in our relationship with the Divine.
How do you pray to God examples?
Top 61 Examples of Christian Prayers Worth Memorizing
- What are Christian prayer examples? …
- “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. …
- “Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” –
How should a beginner pray?
What are the steps for praying?
- Adoration and praise. Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. …
- Recognize God’s will and sovereignty. …
- Express your needs and don’t forget to pray for others. …
- Repent and ask for forgiveness. …
- Ask God to keep you from temptation. …
- Close with praise and adoration.
How do you start a opening prayer?
As we gather today around your name, we pray that you would fill our hearts, our minds and our souls. Transform us Lord, and make us more like you. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen. O Lord, our God, we gather together today to give you thanks and praise your greatness.
How do you use worship in a sentence?
English Sentences Focusing on Words and Their Word Families The Word “Worship” in Example Sentences Page 1
- [S] [T] She worships him. ( …
- [S] [T] She worships him and the ground he walks on. ( …
- [S] [T] They worship every Sunday. ( …
- [S] [T] They worshipped him as a hero. ( …
- [S] [T] That tribe worships its ancestors. (
What is the simple past tense of pray?
Simple past tense and past participle of pray.
Is it pray God or pray to God?
It is always pray TO god. You are not prayering for god.
How do you spell praying to God?
“Pray” is a verb. It means “to address God or another deity or object of worship.” In other words, it means “to say a prayer.”
What is homophones of Pray?
Pray and prey are two English homophones. This means that the words have the same pronunciation but different definitions and spellings.
What is the difference between Pray and prayer?
Pray is the verb (“I pray when I go to church.”) and prayer is the noun (“We said a prayer for the safety of the troops.”)