Rev Father Patrick Tor Alumuku
Office: Section 1, Block 6, Flat 2, Oba Close, (Off Bendel Street),
Area 2, Garki, P. O. Box 286, Garki, Abuja.
Phone: 09-2344269, Fax: 09-2340662
The Department is an important function of the archdioceses that directs the affairs of the Good Shepherd (the weekly archdiocesan newspaper); The Catholic Television, the archdiocesan website and Stdio Veritas.
Vision: To create the most powerful and effective Catholic media organisation in Nigeria
Mission: Statement: The Social Communications department of the Archdiocese of Abuja is dedicated to evangelisation communicating with conviction to the Catholic community and the wider society through the use of social communication media, publications, radio/TV programmes and the internet.
- To promote the church’s teachings on moral, doctrine and social issues.
- To promote inculturation, dialogue (ad intra & extra), justice and peace.
- To increase the presence of the Catholic Church in the secular Media.
- To promote the use of traditional media.
- To promote the empowerment of people.